Drupal / PHP Developer
Is it your dream to work with an energetic, creative team to build a one-of-a-kind web and mobile offering that will revolutionize the way we do business in North America? Welcome to WhoZaGood, the creators of North America’s first corporate integrity machine.
We’re seeking a self-motivated developer with PHP / Drupal experience who is interested in working in an agile development environment that provides flexibility, autonomy and empowerment. The successful candidate will have an opportunity to earn equity in our growing organization to benefit from their hard work and innovation.
WhoZaGood is a one-of-a-kind web/mobile directory built on proprietary, patent-pending technology. As a member of our virtual team, we prefer the successful candidate be based with our technology group in Calgary; however, we are open to discussing the possibility of remote collaboration for the right person.
Our ideal candidate will not only be self-motivated, creative and fun, they:
- Have invested in themselves with formal education; either Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or other related educational endeavors and experiences.
- Have been in the business of developing in PHP, Drupal, Java, JQuery, HTML5 and CSS for 2 or more years.
- Tell great jokes, but speak candidly and honestly about complexity and effort, maintaining integrity in all aspects of the role.
- Have worked with a mind-boggling array of technologies like relational databases (MySQL, SQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL), MVC, patterns, n-tier architecture for at least 2 years.
- Love collaborating with people from multiple disciplines to deliver their best work i.e. other developers, testers, BA’s, Architects, Tech Leads… to name a few.
- Understand that building a company’s back-office involves more than just writing lines of code…it’s about how that code affects others.
- Can explain with confidence why agile rocks. (Suggest the kind of person we are looking for would put that in a cover letter).
- They want to follow the security frameworks & coding standards because they’re simple and just make sense.
- Think of everything yet not get trapped in the detail.
- Are passionate about their craft, yet not be so invested in the outcome that they can’t change their mind or be open to alternatives.
- Are willing to stand-up for what’s best for the company by finding balanced short term solutions while preparing for the long-term game.
- Use outstanding communication and presentation skills to influence others, understand the business and explain technical issues to non-technical people.
- Truly believe that documenting what they do is almost as important as the doing itself
- Operate ‘as if’ development costs are coming out of their own pocket.
- Understand what working at an internet start-up company really means… not just the development of responsive, mobile optimized websites or other applications.
- Have experience with IBM Bluemix and/or AWS, with a willingness to learn both
This is an opportunity to take your career in a new exciting direction. If you are looking for a role that incorporates a high degree of freedom, time management and challenging responsibilities, this is the job for you.
The following are considered additional assets for our ideal candidate:
- Operational experience with LAMP environments, AWS EC2, RDS
- Experience with automated testing using PHPUnit, Codeception or similar.
- Experience with other popular frameworks such as Zend, Symfony, etc.
- Experience working with Google Maps v3 API.
- Experience using Google Events, analytics, grouping and tracking.
- Knowledge of SEO techniques and best practices
- Have previously worked for start-up companies
- Advanced technical experience/education beyond what is typical of other IT roles
While we thank everyone for their interest in applying, only those who are being considered for the role will be contacted for further discussion.